Preparing for my seventh Dreamforce, I am astounded by how the event has grown. When I attended Dreamforce 2005 as a Salesforce employee, there were 3,000 attendees. This year, more than 30,000 SFDC fans are expected. Today, we have come to expect celebrities and dignitaries such as Colin Powell, Stevie Wonder and Bill Clinton. Given the huge popularity of modern Dreamforces with countless ways to learn, network and partay, one thing is for sure – planning ahead is a must!
Whether you are a first-time attendee or Dreamforce groupie, following are 8 tips to consider for a stellar 2011 experience:
- Chatter – Connect with all kinds of attendees who share something in common.
- Agenda Builder- Take advantage and select your sessions in advance! Some require reserved spots!
- 1:1 Success Clinics – Meet with a Salesforce expert to get your pressing questions answered!
- Developer Skills Assessments – Meet 1:1 with expert Hire On-Demand recruiters. Reserve your spot in the Attendee portal > Developer Zone
- Exhibitors – Lots of resources in one room to make your life more simplified. Select your top picks in advance!
- Comfy shoes – This will go a long way. Trust me!
- Follow-up Plan - What do you hope to accomplish? What is your game plan when you return to the office?
- Have a rockin’ time! Metallica, Will.i.am, and parties galore. Need I say more?
A more detailed version (8/2011) may be found at our eBriefing center. Come say hello to us at Booth #1525!